Sadikhasi323 发表于 2023-4-9 14:45:06

We all have family and friends worrying about us at home

On the second Wednesday of the month, Kristin Addis from Be My Travel Muse writes a guest column with tips and advice for women traveling alone. It's not a topic I can cover, and since there are so many solo female travelers out there, I feel it's important to have an expert. In this month's column, Kristen uses her own personal experiences to shed light on why traveling as a solo woman is different than traveling with a group or as a solo man. My traveling male friends are invited to dinner at locals' homes as often as I am. They enjoy the same far-fetched and warm experience as I do. We go home with many of the same compelling stories.

We all have backpacks of the same size. We face the same challenges as travelers every day. In many ways, we are not that different. So why is it so important for women to travel alone? Because, like it or not, women phone number list and men do have different concerns when traveling with Italy mobile phone numbers list, especially when alone. As a single woman, I often lack the freedom to travel without locals. In many cultures, women don't have the kind of autonomy we have in the West, and seeing me alone is both worrying and confusing. At 28, I'm pretty old for a single woman in many countries I've been to.

https://zh-cn.canadapeople.club/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/phone-300x180.png

In Borneo, a woman came to me while her husband was fixing my flat motorcycle tire. "Sister," she said, "are you alone? You have no brother, no husband?" While her concern is genuine and appreciated, I am often asked this question. I'm sure I have a husband somewhere. Don't I at least have a boyfriend? Where are my children? What the hell am I doing? ! I find answers like, "I actually find being single liberating!" or "Well, I don't really want any kids" just make them look even more horrified, so I usually just tell them about my husband or boyfriend. Friends are "at home" or "on the go". Shaking a Bottle of Wine Abroad While both men and women have to worry about their personal safety when traveling, there are a few things that may only apply to women.

无冬振州 发表于 2023-4-9 14:45:07

真是难得给力的帖子啊。

burnell 发表于 2023-4-9 14:49:35

:o:o:o

京城宜春 发表于 2023-4-9 16:05:11

顶起
页: [1]
查看完整版本: We all have family and friends worrying about us at home